Championing the cause of peaceful, nonviolent approaches to solving problems.
We focus on providing a web of support for NLCP students and alumni to develop their individual resilience while creating solutions for the most vexing challenges faced.
Central tenets of our approach are the principles of peaceful nonviolence. These form the foundation for our nationally recognized NLCP Peace Warriors student groups at both the Christiana and Collins campuses. NLCP Peace Warriors undergo an extensive training process, which teaches them the Six Principles of Kingian Nonviolence and how to implement them in daily life. These Principles, as exemplified by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., are:
- Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people.
- The Beloved Community is the framework for the future.
- Attack forces of evil not persons doing evil.
- Accept suffering without retaliation for the sake of the cause to achieve a goal.
- Avoid internal violence of the spirit as well as external physical violence.
The Universe is on the side of justice.
Students who successfully complete the training commit to living nonviolently and to teaching others to do the same. NLCP’s Peace Warriors positively impact school culture through proactive engagement with other students. Serving as leaders on campus, these students help to reduce violence, increase tolerance and provide ongoing support to those who have experienced trauma.
Interested in featuring NLCP Peace Warriors?
For media inquiries and additional information about NLCP Peace Warriors, email email@example.com.